|Welcome to Ethereal Lights Roleplay. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
Ethereal Lights is a quickly expanding roleplaying forum. Here, you can roleplay any genre through any style you'd like with no creative limitations. Alongside our large selection of roleplays, Ethereal Lights also offers a lush "off-topic" community where you can get to know the person behind the roleplay character.
Currently, you are viewing Ethereal Lights as a guest. To take part in roleplays, participate in community discussions, vote in polls and view other areas of this board, you will need to register an account. Registration is quick, easy and completely free!
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
|Topic Started: September 23, 2009, 8:57 pm (2,101 Views)|
|Longo Bongo||September 23, 2009, 8:57 pm Post #1|
1. Post your roleplays in the appropriate forum. People who enjoy Science Fiction will browse the Science Fiction section. If you have a Fantasy roleplay placed there, you will not generate any interest because people do not browse the Science Fiction section looking for fantasy roleplays.
2. Roleplays are no longer going to be rated. If you were with us in the past, you know that EL used to rate each and every roleplay. Roleplays do not have to be rated any longer.
3. Please stick to the terms you initially choose at the beginning of your roleplay. If you state in your OOC topic, "there will be no sexual themes in this roleplay," please do not change this later in the roleplay because you want to add sex into your story. Keep everyone on the same page. (This can be bypassed if everyone in the roleplay voices that they are okay with this change.)
4. Listen to the Game Master. If the GM says you are not accepted into the roleplay, you are not accepted into the roleplay. If you feel the GM is being unfair, for any reason at all, contact a staff member to straighten it out. If you take it upon your own to harass the game master and their game players, it will be much harder to prove your case to a staff member.
5. Sex. Sexual themes, references and even the act of sex itself is permissible in a roleplay if rated accordingly. However, cybering is not permitted. If you do not know the difference between the two then it would be best if you did not include sex within your roleplay. Also. You must always get permission from a fellow player if you wish for your characters to engage in sex. Non-consensual sex in a roleplay as well as sex with minors is not permitted for obvious reasons.
6. Obey the forum rules within your roleplay. This means be respectful towards your fellow players.
7. Any form or style of roleplaying is permitted, but GM's are allowed to have a “standard” for their game. If this standard is something you feel is unfair (elitist or whatnot) take it up with a staff member, not the GM.
8. Keep all OOC chatter out of the IC topics. All roleplays are required to have both an OOC topic as well as an IC topic. Use them both for their intended purposes. No roleplay in the OOC, no OOC in the IC.
*PRIVATE ROLEPLAYS DO NOT NEED AN OOC TOPIC.
9. You may not create more than three roleplays at a time that do not have IC topics. You should focus on starting the roleplays you have before creating more. Patience is needed when starting a new roleplay.
*The staff reserves the right to update or change these as deemed fitting.
Edited by Longo Bongo, August 11, 2010, 3:51 am.
i've got another confession to make;|
i'm your fool
|1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)|
|« Previous Topic · Welcome! · Next Topic »|