|Welcome to Ethereal Lights Roleplay. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
Ethereal Lights is a quickly expanding roleplaying forum. Here, you can roleplay any genre through any style you'd like with no creative limitations. Alongside our large selection of roleplays, Ethereal Lights also offers a lush "off-topic" community where you can get to know the person behind the roleplay character.
Currently, you are viewing Ethereal Lights as a guest. To take part in roleplays, participate in community discussions, vote in polls and view other areas of this board, you will need to register an account. Registration is quick, easy and completely free!
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
|Advertising Your Roleplay|
|Topic Started: November 22, 2009, 6:18 pm (1,090 Views)|
|Curiosity Calls||November 22, 2009, 6:18 pm Post #1|
Advertising Your RolePlay
This is just a quick little "How To" for advertising your RP correctly. So you can make me a happy person. You don't want me grumbling under my breath as I type out the mass e-mail, now do you? So send me your advertisements in the correct fashion and I will love you forever.
General InfoFor any sort of advertisement you send to me there are certain things I would love to see.
1. The name of the Roleplay you are requesting to be advertised. You'd be surprised how many I get without the name. Assuming I would know it from the description. Yes, I can probably figure it out. But I don't have time to do that for each e-mail. Assume I am stupid and give me the name.
2. The url of the Roleplay you are requesting to be advertising. I don't want to go searching for your RP among the OOC threads. There are a lot of threads. My message I put on each thread is automated. I don't memorize each RP and its location. So please, include the link to the OOC thread.
3. EFFORT. If it looks like you spent some time creating your ad then I'm going to put some time into helping you advertise. If you just threw something together and you're expecting me to do all the work then I'm just going to throw it somewhere out of necessity. The effort you put in equals the effort I'll put out for you. Spend some time on things. Thank you very much.
Mass E-mailsSome things specific to the Mass E-mail.
1. Length is an important thing with the Mass E-mail. It can't be too long and it cannot be too short. The length I am most happy with when I see it is somewhere between 100 and 150 words.
2. The Content should be relevant to the Roleplay of course. But it should just be a brief overview. Do not overbear us with minor details. The details will be learned once people click on the link and head over to your Roleplay. You just want to give the reader a taste so they come back for a bigger bite.
3. Your Point of view should come across as an ad. You are not telling me what your Roleplay is about. You are giving a summary. Don't tell us what is happening. Show us with a nice paragraph summary.
4. Please Format your ad in mass e-mail friendly way. Do not use BBC code since that does not go into Mass E-mails. Make it one or two paragraphs. Don't do those one liner things. They don't work for the Mass E-mail.
Featured RoleplayThis may seem a bit repetitive, but bear with me.
1. Once again Length is something I look for. Around 250 words is something I enjoy, give or take a few. This can get into a bit more depth than a mass e-mail advertisement. Give us more
2. Follow the format we ask for. This will make me very happy. It will show that you have read These Rules and followed them. To make me even more happy, you could put your entire ad into the format I convert each request into. You will make my life if you do that. It is below.
Other Form of Advertising1. Twitter is one form that I use when I have time. I usually take the RP's that asked me to advertise in any way and tweet their URL's and a quick sentence about them. You don't need to do anything to be featured on Twitter. Link To Our Twitter Page
2. Facebook may be another way we will advertise in the future. We need more Facebook friends though. So friend us and we will advertise there to, via status updates. Link To Our Facebook Profile
Roleplay DirectoryIf you decide not to advertise, make sure you at least post your Roleplay in the Roleplay Directory so other members can easily find it. It's a great place to show off your Roleplay and find others that may interest you.
Remember. This advertisement reflects on your Roleplay. You're trying to get people to join, so why not make it good. Entice them with a good ad and they will come.
This page may be updated as I see fit.
Formerly known as Midnight Insanity.
|1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)|
|« Previous Topic · Roleplay Discussion · Next Topic »|