Clicky

Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Ethereal Lights Roleplay. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Ethereal Lights is a quickly expanding roleplaying forum. Here, you can roleplay any genre through any style you'd like with no creative limitations. Alongside our large selection of roleplays, Ethereal Lights also offers a lush "off-topic" community where you can get to know the person behind the roleplay character.

Currently, you are viewing Ethereal Lights as a guest. To take part in roleplays, participate in community discussions, vote in polls and view other areas of this board, you will need to register an account. Registration is quick, easy and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
  • Pages:
Elements Reborn OOC; Humans are given the gift of the elements, but will it be used to fight or make peace?
Topic Started: June 11, 2011, 1:53 am (14,535 Views)
Wicked
Member Avatar
The Derp Queen

׺°”˜Civilization`”°º×

Posted Image

ண It is the year 3000. Earth has been filled to its capacity with humans and animals have all but vanished from existence. The future looks dim and humankind searches to the stars for a new home but no matter how hard they study the planets or the moon, there is just no place for them to cultivate other than Earth.ண

ண The world as we know it has ended in a slow decay from wars and pollution. Humans have found it hard to breathe, the air being filled with chemicals and smoke from nuclear plants, gasoline, and the other harmful likes. Diseases are emerging that are deadly and they are killing off many by the hour, and out of panic governments are overthrown. ண

׺°”˜Elements`”°º×

Posted Image

҉ The elements were in danger of being destroyed. They had been abused and killed off by civilization for human needs. They were to become extinct like the animals, like the humans would. It was up to the elements to change fate. ҉

҉ The elements made a pact with humans, promising to restore Earth to its former glory before mankind. Fresh air, new land, a fresh start entirely. But, the elements could not do this without something in exchange, something that they hoped would guarantee the Earth's safety. They wanted in exchange for the Earth, a chance to prosper as well- in the bodies of humans. Having agreed, the elements chose their beings according to personality. Earth sought out the wise, Air the sensible, Fire the fierce, and Water the accepting and easygoing. It seemed all was well... ҉

׺°”˜New Earth`”°º×

Posted Image

♋ Years have passed since the pact and human kind is flourishing in New Earth. They have grown into the landscape, using their elemental affinities to further them into the future. But, all is not as well as it seems from above. ♋

♋The elements clashed and so did humans. So, it is only natural that there are those who do not agree with one another. But at this time, so fragile in development, any type of anamosity can be disasterous. The time for a new world order is approaching as people discuss the possibility of one of the elements rising to power. People have divided into clans, sticking to those with like affinities. Hunger for power is building...♋

♋Who will you become? Who will fight for power, who for peace? Which element will take the crown, if any at all? ♋

Culture/History of Each Clan. Eat your heart out :P

Myths, Universal Beliefs & Traditions

Elemental Powers: Rules, Regulations, and a Sprinkle of Common Sense

Landscape, The People, and All That Jazz

♩♪♫♬ Technical Stuff *Drum roll*♩♪♫♬

Rules

Character Stuff

List of Characters

Announcements

Edited by Wicked, November 2, 2011, 4:57 pm.
Offline Profile

Juicesir
Member Avatar
Sexy Shoeless God of Something

Name: Ash Loredane
Element: Fire
Bio: To many, the girl named Ash is everything fire is not. She is reserved, cautious, patient, kind, quiet, and relatively frail. Many viewed the daughter of the recently killed Fire Master as an impotent weakling who would fade like ashes in the fall.
They were wrong.
Orphaned at a young age to the Air Clan, Ash and her twin were raised in the Air Clan ways, but it never melded. Once the clan discovered her element was Fire, Ash was sent off in secret, taken into the care of the Fire Master and raised to be his own daughter. Ash has few memories of her twin sister, and sought to adopt the Fire Clan lifestyle, shedding her old life and troubles.
Above all else, Ash understands the the cunning of fire, the need for timing and restraint so that the heat can burn much hotter. So she waited 5 years after her father's death to stage a massive and perfectly timed coup against her father's killer and the new Fire Master. After killing the man in a duel for the title of Master, she ascended to title.
Unlike many others of her predecessors, she has been well received and highly intelligent in her execution of her clan's business. Bringing about prosperity and stability, she has led for a year to great success. She is one of the first Fire Masters to extend diplomatic outreaches to the other tribes. Many see this as a huge turning point for the Fire Clan, but there are some who have suspicions that Ash's intentions may not be pure.
Whatever the girl's true intentions may be, they are unknown to the clan at large. She leads peacefully, extends help to the other tribes, and has generally been noted as one of the most successful Masters in ages.
Other: If past Masters have been firestorms, Ash is a quiet flame guiding her people through the night. She is hesitant to engage in conflict, which often brings her into very direct opposition to many of her counselors. There are many within the clan who would return to the old ways.
For purposes of protection she has a group of bodyguards. Referred to as Everlights, they are comprised of not only the finest warriors, but also the most passionate exemplars of her ideals. She uses them as negotiators and hosts, but nobody questions the fighting prowess of an Everlight.
Flaunt It
Edited by Juicesir, June 16, 2011, 6:05 am.
Posted Image
Offline Profile

Drakedragon
Member Avatar
Resident
Rakula Goshan - Outcast/Nomad

Name:
Rakula Goshan

Element:
N/A

Neutral

Bio:
Bio is long

Other:
Being out in the wild for so many years on his own has taught Rakula a great many things about himself. He learned that he was a coward, but after years of hardship, he's learned how to keep that fear from controlling him and to keep a cool head. He can wait for hours and hours with his eyes on a trap, or tracking a herd of animals and waiting for one to wander off. Of course, such long hours of physical inactivity left his mind free to wander and so he spends a great deal of time in quiet contemplation of a great many things. Unfortunately, so much time spent away from other people has caused his peoples skills to degrade quite a lot. Politeness is not something he is especially good at. He will speak his mind, even if it means insulting someone, and doesn't lie, but if someone confronts him, he could easily mask any unease behind a face of absolute calm and strong confidence; a skill learned from facing down many a predators. Also, while he is unaware of it, he still holds a great deal of bitterness and contempt for the clan that disowned him, and by extension, pretty much all elementalists will receive the same treatment from him. When it comes to women and romance, he will still be really awkward since he didn't get to experiment much with that before he left, but he will treat it much like facing a predator and thus will react in much the same way as if he were facing down a bear.

Flaunt it:
Rakula has been made tough and hard over the years and his body reflects this. He stands just over average at an even six feet with a broad frame and strong muscles sculpted through mining, the forge, hard labor, and hunting and fighting off predators. His skin is scorched bronze, though somewhat dull due to the amount of time spent in the caves. His complexion improves day by day as he spends less and less time there though. His dark brown hair is messy, but he keeps it relatively short at chin-length so that it doesn't get in his way and a thick, short beard covers much of his face. His eyes are of average size, though somewhat narrow and amber-colored. He sports multiple scars around his body from close scrapes with animals and beasts, as well as simple screw-ups he brought on himself. The most prominent scars are a series of deep claw-marks down the front of his torso. His clothes are mostly earthly colors and dull since he makes all of it from animal skins and leather. He keeps his garb fairly practical without much flourish or patterns, and he also has a mantle of sorts made from branches and leaves that he uses when out hunting.
Rough sketch of Rakula's face and his weapon

Posted Image
New signature courtesy of Ryoku
Offline Profile

Wicked
Member Avatar
The Derp Queen
Ack, I'm adding this onto the first post but just for now: Just because someone is born into a clan does not automatically mean that they will grow with an affinity for that specific clan's element. It may happen, though not at a high rate, that someone is born into the Fire clan but bear the affinity for air and so on. This person would then be relocated to a new clan either by a family member, a counsel member, or even simply abandoned to figure it out on his or her own.

... I knew I forgot something >.<

Also, Drakedragon, your character is accepted :) Marvelous job on the sheet and the sketch.
Edited by Wicked, June 11, 2011, 2:57 am.
Offline Profile

Chaos Storm
Member Avatar
Resident
Name : Zane Victor
Element : Wind (Air)

Bio

Other :

Zane is the type to use his emotions, but not to let them control him. You will see him smile, but that does not always mean he is happy. You may see him cry, but that does not mean he is sad. He controls his emotions and only lets you see what he wishes you to see. So reading his thoughts or feelings off his appearance is impossible. He does not let them get the better of him, and won't let them interfere with his work. The reason he does not just toss his emotions all together is because he believes that having emotions are not necessarily not logical, just misunderstood when they overwhelm you. He won't treat you like trash till you give him a reason, regardless of your origin. He is not afraid to offer a helping hand to those in need, but he also is not afraid to kill them if they try to betray him and do harm. He won't let his emotions overwhelm him, and will control them. Emotions after all are needed for understanding his people and others.

However he is very open minded to new ideas, and beliefs. He is very creative and takes his job seriously. He does his best to be respected not only by his people, but by everyone even other clans. He tends to act like a gentleman, he gives the other leaders his respect, and is one to listen to their ideas. However he tends to treat woman better than man due to this. Zane is able to sit still, but enjoys being active more. Rather walking or training he would rather be doing something if possible. When it comes to his clan traveling and moving to one location to the next he does his best to relocate them in places of beauty. He believes a proper environment is key to the development of his people, moral, and their spirit and health. However when it comes to combat he tends to use his extended martial arts and his pole much as possible believing he should save his strength to use his abilities when it really is needed most. This also is why he does not engage in war without proper cause. There is no point in wasting their strength when there is no proper cause after all.

Flaunt it :

Zane stands at exactly 6 feet. He appears weaker than he actually is due to him being small however he is quite strong. His piercing golden eyes will strike right into your very core. His hair is strangely spiky white, and goes down to his shoulders with it covering some of his face. It is quite thick, but very soft. Neither of his parents have white hair, neither does past generations. Since he is quite active outside, he does have muscle and his white skin is quite tan. He usually wheres a black robe with hood, with black cloth made into a t-shirt and pants. Due to his light weight body with his experience his foot steps are soundless. On his back is a five and a third feet long pole which is made of the finest oak wood, it as string tightly wrapped around it to add better grip, and to make it more sturdy across the whole thing.

One would be wise to learn not to judge a book by it's cover. There are many secrets, some good, some bad. His attentions are never truly known. Zane is different from any past masters, and is very much like the wind. Many disagree but that is because Zane takes on the form of wind that many over look, and brings out it's true greatness. The wind is free, and controls it's own path to where it leads. It is precise, and can not be caught. It is gentle, yet can be very destructive when it wishes. It continues to travel, and lets no one stop it. It can be merciful, or unforgiving. It is ever changing and can not be predicted after all. But most of all it watches over the earth, fires, and waters.

Offline Profile

Wicked
Member Avatar
The Derp Queen
Just as a notice: I need two more "Unknown"s before I can begin. I could fill in for one or both, but that would be no fun. As for the Earth Master, I can probably fill in as that role if no one else grabs it by Sunday-Next Sunday (depending on whether I receive the required profiles by then). It can stay open for a while, with the Master and his/her group joining in later but not to late in the game.
Offline Profile

PinxieMelody
Member Avatar
Addict
And here be my lady, :)

Yes, I know, really short... but blah... lol, I sorry :/

Name: Brooke

Element: Water

Element Master

Bio: Brooke is the daughter of the last water master of her clan. The girl had been brought up nicely in the village, coming into her element quickly, and mastering it just as fast. She saw the leadership role played out well by her mother, and she easily followed within her mother’s footsteps.

When Brooke was sixteen, her mother died in a performance accident during one of the many festivals that her clan often held. Her father was in no shape to step into the leadership role his love had held, and, after much debate, the people elected Brooke, who was honored to fill her mother’s place amongst the people. She was already mature for her age when she took the position, and the young lady has grown more so since then. Always taking time for the people, Brooke has lived up to her mother’s name, and more.

Other: Brooke is incredibly soft-spoken, and gentle, though she can be firm when the situation warrants it. She’s always willing to lend a helping hand where it is needed, and is there to listen, or be there for anyone within her clan. This isn’t something she was taught, as she was like that when she was little as well, a lovely little trait she’d received from her mother.

With the creativity that flows through her from her element, parents, and with the constant flurry of activity around the people, Brooke has developed a love for dancing, and performing. She’s trained, and worked her element into her performances, making intricate displays that are unique to her, and her positioning.

Flaunt it:
Brooke
Posted Image
Offline Profile

Drakedragon
Member Avatar
Resident
Chaos, if I may offer some humble advice, your CS is a little confusing to read. You're repeating yourself quite a lot and the bio seems to jump around a lot. It might help if you describe things in the bio in a more linear fashion or perhaps even give each major point its own paragraph. As for the other parts where there's a lot of repetition, it helps to just cut out repeated phrases where possible.

EDIT: Also, Paradox, if additional characters are needed and nobody else joins, I can always make a secondary character.
Edited by Drakedragon, June 11, 2011, 7:41 am.
Posted Image
Offline Profile

Wicked
Member Avatar
The Derp Queen
Thank you, Drake. That would be a relief, as long as it won't be a stress on you. I'm used to playing two+ characters so it isn't that bad ^^
Offline Profile

Chaos Storm
Member Avatar
Resident
Drakedragon
June 11, 2011, 7:38 am
Chaos, if I may offer some humble advice, your CS is a little confusing to read. You're repeating yourself quite a lot and the bio seems to jump around a lot. It might help if you describe things in the bio in a more linear fashion or perhaps even give each major point its own paragraph. As for the other parts where there's a lot of repetition, it helps to just cut out repeated phrases where possible.
*scratches back of head*

I might redo how it is set up sometime tomorrow then.

I can read it just fine, however I suppose that is only because I made it.

Since what I did to cause the jumping around was I made the character sheet. Then I went back and worked on it, adding various info to different sections. However I added the info, and did not really re-do the wording or set up of the past area of it to fit the add on.

Offline Profile

Wicked
Member Avatar
The Derp Queen
It was a bit repetitive at moments but those are easy fixes I didn't exactly feel like being knit-picky about. You're one of the lucky few (it must be because it's 3am over here) since I am a grammar nazi.

As for my character sheet, I shall wait for all the essential roles to be taken before plugging in my character(s) in the least occupied clan. I have concepts for each, so I just have to plug in personalities that fit whatever clan needs more people and so on. If I don't recieve two more Unknowns, I have a backup plan so that the plot doesn't become completely gross due to their absence. I always have a plan B... and Z.

Really loving what I'm seeing so far with the sheets. I'm definitely certain that this roleplay will be great :)
Edited by Wicked, June 11, 2011, 8:16 am.
Offline Profile

Chaos Storm
Member Avatar
Resident
Fixed, best I can.
Offline Profile

Drakedragon
Member Avatar
Resident
That's good, it reads much more smoothly. ^_^
Posted Image
Offline Profile

PinxieMelody
Member Avatar
Addict
I'd volunteer for a second character, as well, but I don't know if that's a good idea right this second, lol. I've got another character to figure out, and another rp that just started up that I need to post it. We'll see how it goes, though, in the next couple days, I might be able to help. :)
Posted Image
Offline Profile

Wicked
Member Avatar
The Derp Queen
Thanks, Pinxie ^^ Hopefully, instead, I'll be able to pull in more people, since that makes for more interactions and less strain on those with 2 characters on their hands.
Offline Profile

Blue
Member Avatar
The Token Australian
Ok Guys, Here's the Earth Master:

Name: Dante Terraria

Element: Earth

Bio: Ever since early childhood, Dante had been the master of her own universe. She would work hard, never accepting help from others and making sure that the tasks she set out for herself were completed with one hundred percent accuracy and efficiency. Her elemental skills were phenomenal for someone of such a young age, and her dream was to one day be the one to rule over the Earth Clan. By the time she reached the age of thirteen, Dante was doing incredibly well for herself. She was already the best Elementalist in both her close and extended family, was doing very well in school, and was living the life of a secluded young girl living her own life within the clan.

Her parents - concerned that their daughter was pushing herself too hard - began to implement rules into her daily routine, something she was certainly not happy about. The new rules kept her from achieving the same level of efficiency she’d once had – and it showed in her daily life. She was disallowed to train for more than four hours per day – rather than the average eleven per day. During training, she’d lose focus and nearly knock people out if she were to trip whilst using her element. The routine continued to further her sloppiness for an entire year. Her nine year old brother Terrence could see her slipping thanks to her parent’s new rules and decided to challenge his sister to a match.

If he were to succeed, her perfect win/loss ratio (24 wins/0 losses) would be marred by a single negative stroke against her. Dante reluctantly agreed, knowing that the fight was hardly going to be simple like it had been previously – her brother had never been particularly strong. But ever since she’d been restricted by her mother and father, she’d lost a lot of control. The fight was brutal, and the girl found herself unable to compete with her weakling brother – eventually losing the match after about 10 minutes without even mounting an offence. Her parents encouraged her brother the entire time and celebrated his victory with a huge dinner. Not once had she received any of that for any win. If there was ever a case of sibling rivalry, this was it. It was obvious who the favourite was.

The loss crushed Dante deeply, unable to deal with her parents’ restrictions any longer – she would break out of this imprisonment of the mind, one way or another. That fight had been the last straw, and that night, the girl began to plot her vengeance. For the next six years, she would go through her day and follow her the orders of her parents, train for the four hours allowed her, come home for dinner and sleep for an hour, before going back out and training for another 8 hours at night. Her parents had never been the wiser – they soon would be...

On her 19th birthday, Dante challenged her the entirety of her immediate family to a match – the stipulation being that if she won, they’d let her go back to training for as long as she wanted, whenever she wanted. Her Mother hesitated, having seen look of determination in her daughter’s eyes that she’d never seen before. It was almost... frightening. Her father and brother however were overjoyed at the chance to further show Dante that they were superior. Boy, were they in for a surprise... The girl’s secret training paid off wonderfully, and by the end of the battle, all three of them could barely support their own weight, too battered and bruised to move. Dante nursed them all back to health after the fight, being the bigger person after having received her small revenge. As promised, her parents allowed her to continue on the way she had done for years –training hard, learning well and living life to its fullest. Nothing was keeping her down. Many people – including the former Earth Master, Terrence – could see her efforts, her striving to be a better person, someone that people could aspire to be like, someone that people would follow. A leader.

Soon, she was approached by the Master’s Men and was requested to meet him. In acceptance, Dante soon realised that she had been accepted as a Candidate for Earth Mastery, and left her old life behind. For two years, she learned under the tutelage of Terrence himself, and trained with him on several occasions. She learnt all about what it meant to be the Leader of a Clan and what one had to do to maintain it. After that time, The Earth Master was stricken by an incurable illness and unfortunately passed away soon after. Though saddened by the loss of a good friend and mentor, the girl found resolve in the fact that she promised to be as good an Earth Master as the last had been – provided that the People would choose her next to be the one to succeed him. And with a stroke of good luck, after seeing all that she’d learn and accomplished under the Former Master, they elected her. Her reign would soon begin.

Other: Dante is strong willed – virtually unable to be broken. So long as she has hope, she has the willpower to fight back anything that oppresses either her, or her people. She doesn’t like to take no for an answer, though won’t push an issue unless the situation surrounding it is absolutely dire. Half her life is training, the other half is leading the Clan – there is no in-between. She’s a very wise individual for her age and is attentive to all problems within the clan as soon as they appear. The last thing she wants people to think is that she’ll ever let them down.

Dante also hates anything to do with food and the digestive system. Part of the reason behind this hate is her Ageusia, or lack of a sense of taste.

Flaunt it:
Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by Blue, June 19, 2011, 8:54 am.

'Friends will come and go, but you're stuck with your Mates forever."
Offline Profile

Wicked
Member Avatar
The Derp Queen
Alrighty. I at least want another Unknown before we begin (and it cannot be Drakedragon <.< ). I will have a character sheet up for my role soon and Fredkrug is working on his member character.

If any of you know of other people on the site who might be enticed by this roleplay, get their fannies in here D:< XD I would much rather have more people than someone doubling as two characters.
Edited by Wicked, June 12, 2011, 12:52 am.
Offline Profile

Myriad
Member Avatar
Visitor
Okay, I know I keep changing my mind, but I also keep coming back to this one. Give me two days, I'll see if I can't get an unknown done.
Offline Profile

Chaos Storm
Member Avatar
Resident
Miriade di Volto
June 12, 2011, 4:09 am
Okay, I know I keep changing my mind, but I also keep coming back to this one. Give me two days, I'll see if I can't get an unknown done.
If you need help with ideas me or another can help you?
Offline Profile

Wicked
Member Avatar
The Derp Queen
Haha, I'm glad that you're that interested :)
Offline Profile

Myriad
Member Avatar
Visitor
Thanks Chaos, I might just take you up on that. I'm not sure what my work week will be looking like, so I might not have the best time available to come up with something.
Offline Profile

Chaos Storm
Member Avatar
Resident
Fredkrug and ParadoxInABox how are the characters coming along?
Offline Profile

Wicked
Member Avatar
The Derp Queen
I'm waiting on an answer from Juicesir about something in his profile before I can submit mine -___- I blame myself for trying to be accurate with ages and stuff.
Offline Profile

Chaos Storm
Member Avatar
Resident
ParadoxInABox
June 12, 2011, 4:41 am
I'm waiting on an answer from Juicesir about something in his profile before I can submit mine -___- I blame myself for trying to be accurate with ages and stuff.
Alright, I was just asking to see if you were having trouble or something since it's been three hours or so since you said you were working on it.

Guess I look forward to the characters tomorrow then...
Offline Profile

Wicked
Member Avatar
The Derp Queen
Name: Raja Eneas
Element: Earth

Bio:

Other: Raja is quiet, but not because she is shy. She is consumed in her thoughts and in the sounds, sights, and sensation of everything around her. She is wise from her experience in life, but still sensitive to the past and thus not fully “ready”; in order to gain the self accomplishment most people blessed with Earth feel the need to have Raja knows that one day she must accept her mistakes in the past and to move forth in life. However, though she may not admit it, her life of solitude is a way of running away but also a way to remain in an everlasting moment of contemplation over her actions and those of her family, clan, and the world overall. She still has the determination that runs in the blood of Fire and has moments of passion that are mostly suppressed below the surface.

Flaunt it:
Raja

For apparel, Raja tends to wear long tunics of brown, beige, dark green, and other such earthly colors. She wears her hair free and walks around mainly barefoot. She does not wear jewelry.
Edited by Wicked, June 12, 2011, 6:27 am.
Offline Profile

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Fantasy · Next Topic »
Locked Topic
  • Pages:

Roleplay Gateway