Clicky

Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Ethereal Lights Roleplay. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Ethereal Lights is a quickly expanding roleplaying forum. Here, you can roleplay any genre through any style you'd like with no creative limitations. Alongside our large selection of roleplays, Ethereal Lights also offers a lush "off-topic" community where you can get to know the person behind the roleplay character.

Currently, you are viewing Ethereal Lights as a guest. To take part in roleplays, participate in community discussions, vote in polls and view other areas of this board, you will need to register an account. Registration is quick, easy and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
  • Pages:
Cibum Puer: Meat of Youth [OOC:O/A]; the fountain of youth is in the flesh
Topic Started: December 4, 2011, 11:14 pm (2,357 Views)
Wicked
Member Avatar
The Derp Queen
"restituta est caro eius sicut caro pueri paruuli"

His flesh was restored as that of the flesh of a small boy. He was reborn. He was refreshed. He had found the fountain of youth.

You have to try it, at least once: human meat. It is, by far, the highest of all delicacies in the modern world. It is said to be the richest, so complex in taste, and purest of meats. Even vegetarians and vegans are urged to surrender to its captivating essence, if only once. But, of course, only some can even afford to buy a slice of such a desired food. Mainly, the richest dine upon it and experience its magic while the middle and lower class are left to look longingly at what they can only strive to have: youth.

It has been scientifically proven, an astonishing find to those who worked in the field of human rejuvenation, that the cure to aging lays within the consumption of our own, human flesh. For centuries now, it has been commonly accepted that the scientists have been developing human flesh within the labs for the general, rich, public’s digestion by making use of cloning.

At the beginning of this realization, people were fearful and doubted the usage of humans as meat but the allure of youth kept many complacent. Those who resisted were silenced by private means, whether it be payment by the world’s governments or, later on for the more stubborn of the protestors, staged “accidents”. In today’s society, human flesh is sought after to the point that many murders, which as a crime has inflated, are based on the purpose of gaining the flesh. Slowly, and discreetly, laws are being made to overlook these petty offences in order to please the lower classes that cannot afford the lab-created meat.

At least, they believe it all to be lab-created.

Scientists have recently, privately, discovered that the affects of cloned human meat are not as successful as the original, organic meat would be. As well, it seems that some of the cattle (as they call the humans raised in labs for later slaughter) are beginning to reach a state of consciousness that is alarmingly like our own. With the laws against murder starting to disintegrate and the findings of shorter “youth spurts” from eating lab-created flesh, a storm is beginning to brew.

How far will you go for a taste of humanity?

It’s a Cannibal’s World

It’s A Stratified World

The Character Sheet

The Cast

Rules & Regulations

Announcements
Edited by Wicked, January 4, 2012, 5:47 am.
Offline Profile

Deleted User
Deleted User

This looks decent. Think, I may join, if you'll have me. Maybe.

I'd want to play a cannibal and let my evil side out lol.Whether it be a "Flesh God" or just a cannibal. Both could be fun depending on what type of character I go for.

Wicked
Member Avatar
The Derp Queen
I'll take ya', just as long as you stick around. :]
Offline Profile

Enja
Member Avatar
VIBRATIONS SO GOOD LIKE A SUNKIST!

just to make sure I am a rebel and i will keep it that way
Posted Image
"Come all you xeno scum and fallen heretics, come and face the one true might of the universe and wither under the Golden Throne's gaze!"- Chaplain, dawn of war dark crusade

Offline Profile

Wicked
Member Avatar
The Derp Queen
Lol, then just make sure you get your Rebel character sheet in before three other people do. :P
Offline Profile

Enja
Member Avatar

Name: Jack, last name N/A
Division: cannibal

Appearance: Jack is known for his pirate look. With an eye patch on his left eye and the clothing he wears. He doesn’t have on a hat, but his hair is black and knotted into dreads that go down to the middle of his shoulder blades. As for the front, it’s split in the middle with a few dreads that cover his face. As for his clothing, it tends to be tore. His pants black pants have holes in them, one on his right knee and his left leg is torn off from the knee down. He wears a pirates coat that he keeps over his shoulders along with a white button up shirt that he has tied around his waist and hanging down the back of him. On his feet he has on brown boots and his left boot holds a knife and around his waist he keeps two pistols at his side at all times. His right hand has on bandages up to his elbow and his left hand has on nothing. His skin isn’t brown nor what, but tan. That’s from being in the sun so much.

Biography: Jack is a very odd man and that isn’t just case of how he looks. He grew up loving pirates and everything that had to do with them, so he figured that he would even dress like one. As he got older he found himself breaking away from society and all of those flesh eaters. Of course he wouldn’t say that he’s never tasted human flesh for himself. Trying to keep a low profile in the world wasn’t as easy as he thought it would have been.

He always thought that a little chaos here and there would help, but soon people spoke of the man that looked like a pirate. His pirate look really came into play when one of his own men betrayed him for money. As Jack was asleep his solder tried stabbing him, but Jack awoke. In a close range fight the man was able to cut Jack across the face taking out his eye, but that only lead to his quick and painless death. Jack now in raged, grabbed his old friend by the throat, throwing him to the ground started beating his face in.

After that day it’s said Jack really changed, now laughing and making killing a game. He really enjoys going after the poor since he can kill anyone he wishes without getting in trouble. Now for the rich... if the price is right then he would do a job for anyone, but if it's a joke then he'd just kill that person that would insult him with such weak pay. He tries to stay in the ghetto as much as he can since he really doesn't trust the rich, but will go back to his place if he needs something.

Jack became well known ever since and many do seek his help for he’s a very intelligent man once you get past his child like side. Having fun is what he likes and killing isn’t all he thinks of since women are also on his mind along with drinking. He’s easy to follow and like, but he isn’t easy to get along with in any way. He feels that it’s his way or the highway and he’ll never do anything for free. He doesn’t think there has to be a reason to why someone does something, but there has to be something worth his time. As to his past life, not much is known other then he came from a wealthy family.
Edited by Enja, December 5, 2011, 3:39 am.
Posted Image
"Come all you xeno scum and fallen heretics, come and face the one true might of the universe and wither under the Golden Throne's gaze!"- Chaplain, dawn of war dark crusade

Offline Profile

Dream
Member Avatar
Mew?

Cannibal

i will finish this later. ^^
DONE!
Edited by Dream, December 5, 2011, 10:27 pm.
I'll whisper in your ear,
You are mine, and you will never have to be alone.
And when I pull you near,
You'll know I love you like I never loved anyone.
So let me be the one to lift you up,
I'll carry you home.
'Cause now I'm here to keep you safe,
And to catch you when you fall.
Offline Profile

Wicked
Member Avatar
The Derp Queen
Cynic
Offline Profile

Enja
Member Avatar

hmmm then i'll go with that XD i forgot and I guess i want to kill.

I derp... so sorry.
Edited by Enja, December 5, 2011, 3:23 am.
Posted Image

Offline Profile

Wicked
Member Avatar
The Derp Queen
Okidoki. Also, be careful about killing the wealthy. I think he'd be in jail by now if he kept that up since the police forces only ignore murders within the lower class. You'll have to touch up your profile a bit to make sure he's not too outrageous. If he's a lower-class cannibal, he'd be living in the ghetto where The Flesh Market is, which is a bit away from where the prosperous live.

EDIT: accepted. :] Watch out with some of your typos, though. Otherwise, you're golden. *puts up on Cast*
Edited by Wicked, December 5, 2011, 3:46 am.
Offline Profile

Enja
Member Avatar

-,- right right... i'll re-read everytime before I post. XD
Posted Image

Offline Profile

Deleted User
Deleted User

Shit, only one cannibal spot left. Better get on this. I'll have the workings of one up in a few hours.

Dancer
Member Avatar
Name: Sasha
Age: She appears 21, but in reality, she is 61 since she has been eating the flesh for so long
Division: Rebellion

Appearance: She is very muscular, and of average height, about 5"4. She enjoys wearing men's clothes, because she finds them more durable and practical.

Biography:
[tab]Sasha was born into a higher-ranking family. Her father worked for the UN, so he was always away from home. Sasha was closer to her mother, who doted on her, since she was an only child. However, suffocated by her mothers affections, she spent most of her time in the safe-haven of her bedroom, where she moped about her dad not being around. She acquired a great understanding of the internet, and hacking became her favorite hobby.
[tab]When she was introduced to this meat, she had no thought other than to consume it. Sasha didn't even know that the miracle meat came from humans. Her parents never bothered to tell her. She became a cannibal, and for a while, everything was fine. The miracle meat became almost an addiction for her; she ate it every day.
[tab]A few years ago, though, she was hacking into a website out of boredom when she found pictures of cattle being cloned and slaughtered, along with an article explaining what the pictures meant. This was when reality hit her, and she freaked out, yelling at her parents for never telling her that the meat was human. They said that they thought she knew, because it was always on the television. However, Sasha was never one to watch much news. She hid in her room, plotting for days, before her parents called the authorities. They tried to pay her off, but she refused, and locked herself in her room. She was working on hacking her parents' bank account to send money to Switzerland, to help the rebellion's efforts. The UN found out about her plans, for they had been monitoring her. When they came to take her to the grotto, she panicked, and ran away from her family to seek refuge from the madness in Alaska. There, she lived homeless for a while, until she came to her senses, stopped living like a madwoman, and joined the rebellion.
[tab]Sasha is a very bright woman, quick to connect the dots. She has a very "gung-ho" attitude about the rebellion, and never thinks her plans through to the end. She is the first one to jump into a fight. Violence is her way to solve things. She will be the first to stand up for the oppressed, and her heart breaks a little every time she thinks about the Cattle being killed solely for their meat. However, she understands both sides of the problem, for she is still addicted to human flesh, and battles with herself every day. Sasha can follow orders, but would much rather lead. Inwardly, she is pessimistic about the rebellion, but still goes forward with it, because she would never be able to live with herself if she returned to become a cannibal again.
Some of the greater things in life are unseen, thats why we close our eyes when we kiss, cry or dream
Offline Profile

Wicked
Member Avatar
The Derp Queen
@Twisted: Rodger that. :]

@Commie: I luverz you.

MoonDancer
Edited by Wicked, December 5, 2011, 4:37 am.
Offline Profile

Deleted User
Deleted User

Removed.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Finished, I believe, edited it in the post up there.

Wicked
Member Avatar
The Derp Queen
Hmm, quite right.

@Twisted: And you said three paragraphs was too long. Silly Twisted. XD Anywho, there is one minor problem that is probably an easy fix: when meat is shipped to consumers, it comes in package much like that of meat at a supermarket. It doesn't come as the whole body, with hair included. If anything, the butcher would have gotten the skinned version of a human. It's a measure the Flesh Gods, and the UN, take to make The Flesh look less like the rest of humanity.
Offline Profile

Deleted User
Deleted User

I'll fix it in the morning.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Fixed. Hope that works.

Wicked
Member Avatar
The Derp Queen
:] Added to the cast.
Offline Profile

Wicked
Member Avatar
The Derp Queen

OR (depending on which section gets more people)

Scraps
Edited by Wicked, December 9, 2011, 2:08 am.
Offline Profile

Achilles
Member Avatar
June 2012 Member of the Month

I'll finish this later
Spoiler: click to toggle
Nihil Temptatum, Nihil Potitum

"I wish none of this had ever happened" "So do all who see such times, but that is not for them to decide, all you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given with you"

"Youre ugly" "Youre drunk" "That may be...but tomorrow morning. I'll be sober, and youll still be ugly"
Offline Profile

Wicked
Member Avatar
The Derp Queen
:] Rodger that. Meanwhile, we need more cattle (& preferably another Flesh God)! D:
Offline Profile

Dream
Member Avatar
Mew?

if we can have two characters, i'm thinking of making a Flesh God, who would probably be Elizabeta's brother or some such thing...
I'll whisper in your ear,
You are mine, and you will never have to be alone.
And when I pull you near,
You'll know I love you like I never loved anyone.
So let me be the one to lift you up,
I'll carry you home.
'Cause now I'm here to keep you safe,
And to catch you when you fall.
Offline Profile

Wicked
Member Avatar
The Derp Queen
You can have two, sure. :] Just as long as you can keep up with 'em both, you're good in my books.
Offline Profile

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Science Fiction · Next Topic »
Locked Topic
  • Pages:

Roleplay Gateway